In mid-2017, Nokia launched Nokia 6 on the market, In 2018 they launched the successor of Nokia 6 i.e Nokia 6.1 or Nokia 6 2018 edition. Nokia 6 2018 has modified a bit with the features, functions, camera and the processor. Let’s see the full review whether Nokia 6.1 beats Nokia 6.
Full Specifications of Nokia 6 2018 :
- Color Variants
Black/Copper, White/Iron, and Blue/Gold.
GSM, HSPA, and LTE(Hybrid Dual Nano SIM).
OS Android 8.0 Oreo.
RAM 3/4 GB with Snapdragon 630 chipset.
CPU Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53.
Internal memory 32/64 GB.
MicroSD card slot Support for up to 256 GB.
Connector 3.5 mm headphone jack.
Size and type 5.5 inches, IPS LCD(Corning Gorilla Glass 3).
Resolution (1080 x 1920) pixels, 16:9 ratio.
Primary camera 16MP(f/2.0), ZEISS optics with dual-LED flash.
Secondary camera 8MP, f/2.0.
- Connectivity and sensors
USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Radio, NFC.
Accelerometer, compass, fingerprint(rear), gyroscope, proximity.
- Battery life
Non-removable 3000 mAh battery.
Pros and Cons of Nokia 6 2018 :
- Excellent build quality, Nokia doesn’t disappoint in quality issues.
- Video recording up to 4K, which was not seen in Nokia 6.
- The ambient light sensor has done well when compared to Nokia 6.
- Gaming with no lags but for heavy range games certain few drops.
- In daylight condition, both rear and front camera performs well.
- There is PIP(Picture-In-Picture) mode in the camera department. This mode is available in the recent Nokia devices like Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco.
- Hybrid slot device – Only 2 nano SIMs or 1 nano SIM with a microSD card.
- Fingerprint sensor position is slightly downwards.
- In indoor lighting condition, both rear and front cameras do not perform well.
- No OIS(Optical Image Stabilization) or EIS(Electronic Image Stabilization).
- Nowadays, All the SmartPhones comes in 18:9 or 19:9 aspect ratio, but this device has the old 16:9 aspect ratio which was seen in the earlier Nokia 6 itself.
- No physical LED notification light in this or the previous one.
- No proper RAM management, reload the apps when switched to the multiple tabs.
Final Verdict :
The phone is sold via offline stores and Nokia store officially for INR 16999 for 32GB storage variant. Though, Nokia is the premium brand as all we know for their premium build quality. Nokia 6 2018 doesn’t reach the user satisfaction because the price is slightly higher side. As the successor of Nokia 6, this smartphone must have improved a lot in the features and functions but, this smartphone has the old features what earlier Nokia 6 had.
Do check out Redmi Note 5 Pro which also falls under the same price range.
PS: Nokia 6 vs Nokia 6.1, Which is better? Do you think Nokia 6.1 they released to the market is a good deal for the users who used Nokia 6? Do let me know in the comment section below!!!