Xiaomi launched Redmi Y2, A successor of Redmi Y1 with slight modifications for the device and few overall specifications and performance of the device.
Full Specifications of Redmi Y2 :
- Color Variants
Grey, Gold and Rose Gold.
GSM, HSPA, and LTE.
OS Android 8.1 Oreo.
RAM 3/4 GB with Snapdragon 625 chipset.
CPU Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53.
Internal memory 32/64 GB.
MicroSD card slot Support for up to 256 GB (dedicated slot).
Connector 3.5 mm headphone jack.
Size and type 5.99 inches, IPS LCD.
Resolution (720 x 1440) pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio.
Primary camera Dual 12MP(f/2.2) + 5MP with LED flash.
Secondary camera 16MP with LED flash.
- Connectivity and sensors
Micro USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth.
Accelerometer, compass, fingerprint(rear), gyroscope, proximity.
- Battery life
Non-removable 3080 mAh battery.
Pros and Cons of Redmi Y2 :
- It has dedicated slot for microSD card for additional storage.
- Battery life gives a typical working day.
- RAM management is good but some UI lags because of the old Snapdragon 625 processor.
- The camera performs well in artificial lighting condition.
- Gaming handles fine but heavy sized games occur certain frame drops.
- Plastic build quality, which won’t look the premium feel.
- Though it has a 5.99-inch screen with 18:9 aspect ratio, It handles only 720p resolution i.e only HD.
- In low lighting conditions, the camera performs average which is quite disappointing.
Final Verdict :
The phone is sold via Amazon for INR 9999(3/32) and 12999(4/64) respectively. Xiaomi launches many smartphones in a year but many smartphones lag quite common things which are quite disappointing the users. For the budget point, 3GB RAM variant is good enough for the users as the higher end variant doesn’t make any sense in opting the device.
Check Asus Zenfone Max Pro here, which also resembles for the similar price range.
Buy the product here or click the logo below to the product page.
PS: Redmi Y2 is really a successor of Redmi Y1? For the price point, this smartphone makes a good deal for the users? Do let me know in the comment section below!!!